If you want to stay comfortable during the cold months in Des Moines, your heat pump will demand some maintenance to keep operating at its best. If you’ve already arranged your annual tune-up with Heartland Heating & Cooling, you’re right on schedule. Don’t be too concered if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are quite a few things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its peak performance. Try these maintenance tips to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Reduced airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can hurt your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters routinely and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t highlight this enough. It’s a simple way to help the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the area around your outdoor unit if clutter has gathered or plants have dominated the area.
- To be sure your system is working properly, test your thermostat on a regular basis. Turn it on and bit by bit increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump turn on. If you don’t hear anything, read our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat guidance or contact us directly.
Keeping you comfortable this winter is important to us. If you want to know more about heat pump maintenance or would like to make an appointment with one of our technicians, call Heartland Heating & Cooling at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.