There’s no getting around the changing weather in Des Moines, it’s something we all have to account for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to consider annual air conditioner service as well, but probably not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in many shapes and forms, to include:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners only associate air conditioner service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly cooling expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees can help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty obvious, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy bills.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, switching air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to take advantage of caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Heartland Heating & Cooling technician stops by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few basic ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures dip in Des Moines. Whether you’re calling to set up annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is right for your system, give the pros at Heartland Heating & Cooling a call at 515-344-3579 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.