You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is an ideal way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Heartland Heating & Cooling have compiled a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you find small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make sure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a major change on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having problems getting used to the new temperature, try changing it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Heartland Heating & Cooling technician is over for your yearly furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 515-344-3579.