Don’t begin your summer without a booked air conditioner tune-up from a Heartland Heating & Cooling technician. We often don’t remember HVAC maintenance or never give it a sense of urgency, but annual air conditioner maintenance can help your system perform, keeping you comfortable and cool all summer long. These regular checks do more than just keep you comfy, too – they are also critical for your comfort and wallet.
What do tune-ups do for my home?
- Ensure energy efficiency – Tune-ups keep your air conditioner operating as efficiently as possible, therefore keeping your home more comfortable. Air conditioners are investments that need to constantly be upkept, just like any other investment, to check that you are obtaining maximum benefits from it.
- Minimize need for repairs – These hot days in Des Moines are the cruelest time for an air conditioner to fail. With regular system maintenance, you won’t have to worry about malfunctions or upkeep in the middle of the season. Our professionals can search for warnings and reveal trouble for your air conditioner and caution you long before any problems occur.
- Lower expenses – When your air conditioner is operating at its peak, you could detect a reduction in your energy bills throughout the year.
What will take place during an air conditioner tune-up?
- Refrigerant charge check – Refrigerant levels need to be just right for your air conditioner to be running correctly. Too little refrigerant can cause extra wear on your system, and too much refrigerant will affect how your air cools. Professionals will always check these levels during an air conditioner maintenance and regulate things accordingly.
- Filter status check – Air conditioner filters should be swapped out according to the manufacturer’s recommendations, so the sanitation of your filters will always be checked during a service visit. Dirty filters cause your air conditioner to work harder than it has to and can also force the air in your home to look and feel muddy.
- Coil check – Our pros will inspect that no dust or other particles have collected on the outdoor or inside coils of your system. This dust can make air conditioners to use more energy than needed and is important to be cleaned.
- System Operating Check – Our technicians will ensure that all moving parts of the air conditioner are working cohesively together.
Our pros at Heartland Heating & Cooling in Des Moines provide excellent and first-class air conditioner maintenance, whether it’s just a check-up or a full-on replacement. They are happy to answer any questions you have about your air conditioner at any time via 515-344-3579.