Having routine air conditioning service done at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Des Moines season, have the experts at Heartland Heating & Cooling perform your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illicitly discharging it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow through the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We suggest looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Heartland Heating & Cooling today at 515-344-3579.