When it’s chilly in Des Moines you count on your furnace to keep you cozy. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system looks to be working well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can impede air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you might require a furnace repair. The more promptly you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Heartland Heating & Cooling.
1. Your furnace is loud. You may have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? You might have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could suggest a few specific problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your space.
4. Your electric bill keeps growing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps growing. This could signal a few different problems. Your HVAC technician will help sort out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and shut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC professionals to fix.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The team at Heartland Heating & Cooling will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.