Make your life simpler—begin preparing your air conditioner now before hotter temperatures turn up. You can save on your electricity bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its top efficiency! If you are using your system when it needs service, you could see a dramatic hike in costs and damaging wear and tear on your machine. Keep your system working efficiently with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your Heartland Heating & Cooling expert each year. This is vital to keep your unit working for the future. Our technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and watch for trouble areas to head off any possible problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more costly repairs.
Just some of the benefits a professional air conditioning service will offer you:
- Cooling cycle evaluation
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of any moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and all year to ensure your AC is running at peak performance.
- Clear the area around your unit. Make sure there aren’t grass or weeds growing too close to your system, which can cut off airflow. Remove piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outside unit was covered during the cold season, make sure to uncover it. You can harm your system if you run your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could end in serious repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Heartland Heating & Cooling service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during the annual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters each month and replace them when necessary! Different homes have different air filter replacement demands. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may need to change them more often.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned regularly. It keeps your home healthy too! If you follow these simple steps, your AC will be ready for whatever warmer temps can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Heartland Heating & Cooling team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.