If you're like most people, you probably spend a lot of time on your smart phone, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. Your personal smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. You can use it to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
It can be difficult to keep up with technology, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats let you control your system over a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone from work or even vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, therefore they can also learn your patterns and routines by knowing where you are. A smart thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and change the temperature accordingly.
There’s been quite a bit of buzz about smart thermostats over the last few years. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s a great time to educate yourself about them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control your home comfort levels—even when you’re away from home. You’ll also enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will begin to make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money in the process.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it can be hard to remember to schedule HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and even tell you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide choice of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you ways lower your energy bills. Call Heartland Heating & Cooling in Des Moines at 515-344-3579. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be sure you’ll find one to match your needs.