It seems like a terrific deal: Buy this furnace, and we’ll give you an AC for free!
Who doesn’t enjoy things that are free, right?
Companies that promote appealing deals like buying a furnace and getting an air conditioner for free usually make customers believe they're going to hit the jackpot. But, it's essential to view these offers carefully. Often, what sounds like a great deal at first may not be so wonderful in the long run. Shady companies may increase the prices of their products or add hidden costs to make up for the discount that initially draws you in.
Think of the well-known saying: there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Well, in the HVAC industry, there aren’t very many air conditioners that are actually free when it's all over.
Beware of the Not-So-Free AC
A supposedly "free" AC could come at the expense of paying higher installation fees or buying expensive extra services. It's critical for consumers to carefully assess the overall cost and terms before falling for such promotions. One way to protect yourself is to obtain a second opinion from another HVAC company, such as Heartland Heating & Cooling, and compare prices of the entire installation.
Here are a couple of the ways a “free” AC could come back to bite your wallet
- Inflated product prices: Some companies may boost the cost of their products to cover for the "free" AC or service they're offering. This can make the entire cost of the package much higher than it initially appears.
- Unseen installation fees: Although the air conditioner may technically be free, buyers may encounter surprising installation charges that aren't clearly stated in the original offer. These costs can dramatically increase the overall price of the system.
- Mandatory extra services: To recoup the cost of the allegedly free item they are giving you, companies may require customers to sign up for additional services or plans at exaggerated prices. All these can rapidly add up.
- Push for premium upgrades: Companies might pressure customers to upgrade components of the HVAC system at a higher cost, claiming enhanced performance or greater efficiency. These upgrades may not be necessary or offer much value for when their cost is factored in.
- Warranty limitations: Though the primary offer may include warranties, some companies might enforce restrictions or add exclusions to the promotion that limit the coverage. Customers could potentially need to pay additional money for extended warranties or face unexpected expenses if issues arise.
Don’t Fall for False Promotions. Go with a Reputable HVAC Company
When it comes to selecting a furnace, it's crucial to prioritize reliability and quality instead of supposedly free offers. Instead of being lured by flashy promotions, it is wiser to partner with a reputable company.
What are the indicators of a reputable HVAC company? The company will have a strong track record in the industry, backed by favorable customer testimonials. It also will have required certifications and licenses, which demonstrates that it follows industry standards and regulations.
How does a reputable heating and cooling company handle pricing? It will have honest and fair pricing, with no hidden charges or inflated costs.
For Reliable, Honest HVAC Installation in Des Moines, Choose Heartland Heating & Cooling
At Heartland Heating & Cooling, we take pride in providing our customers with trustworthy and high-quality HVAC service in Des Moines. Whether you are looking for furnace installation or are looking for a second opinion, our team is dedicated to providing exceptional support and service for all your heating and cooling needs.
Our seasoned technicians are skilled in their craft and supplied with the latest tools and technology to ensure efficient and precise installations. We focus on customer satisfaction, and our friendly staff members are always ready to answer any questions. When you work with Heartland Heating & Cooling, you can rest assured you'll get superb service from an HVAC company that sincerely cares about your comfort.
Call 515-344-3579 today for your free, no-obligation estimate.