During the cooler Des Moines months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to Heartland Heating & Cooling will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Heartland Heating & Cooling right away if you see any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be examined by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Heartland Heating & Cooling can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Heartland Heating & Cooling at 515-344-3579 or schedule an appointment with us online.