As warmer weather begins, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Des Moines? Even if your AC equipment is up-to-date or was cooling just fine last year.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to book any service for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s a machine that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your system examined yearly by a Heartland Heating & Cooling expert can help spot small troubles before they lead to huge meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outside your home, it’s more inclined to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly impact your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a professional to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that collect in your equipment can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can create higher energy needs—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and may even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the long run, since you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps determine small issues before they turn into major, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully look at parts and carry out a set of cooling performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to find issues before they lead to major problems that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free cooling throughout the season. After your unit is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is well-prepared to provide worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect yearly maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your equipment is vulnerable to advanced meltdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC maintenance should have a check and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the ensuing areas and parts:
- Total equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Heartland Heating & Cooling
Today is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Heartland Heating & Cooling pros a call at 515-344-3579 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your house, don’t forget to look at our discount offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.