As warmer weather begins, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Des Moines? Even if your air conditioning unit is up-to-date or was cooling just fine last year.
Here’s one method to contemplate it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to book any work for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s a machine that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your system examined yearly by a Heartland Heating & Cooling expert can help spot small issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outside your home, it’s more inclined to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively impact your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a professional to service intricate internal components.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that collect in your unit can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can create higher energy needs—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as soon.
- It helps determine small issues before they turn into major, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine pieces and carry out a set of cooling performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to locate issues before they lead to major problems that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your unit is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is well-prepared to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect yearly maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your equipment is vulnerable to advanced meltdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC maintenance should have a check and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and parts:
- Total equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Heartland Heating & Cooling
This week is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Heartland Heating & Cooling pros a call at 515-344-3579 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your house, don’t forget to browse our discount offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.