As warmer weather rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Des Moines? Particularly if your AC unit is recently purchased or was running just fine last summer.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving components can break down.
Having your unit checked annually by a Heartland Heating & Cooling expert can help spot small issues before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your system to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service intricate internal components.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate within your unit can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy needs—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and could even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, because you won’t have to buy new equipment as fast.
- It helps identify little problems before they turn into big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine parts and complete a set of air conditioning performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to find issues before they turn into large troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your system is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC maintenance should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and components:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Immediately with Heartland Heating & Cooling
Today is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Heartland Heating & Cooling pros a ring at 515-344-3579 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your house, make sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.