As warmer weather starts, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Des Moines? Particularly if your air conditioning system is recently installed or was running good last season.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving components can break down.
Having your unit checked annually by a Heartland Heating & Cooling pro can help spot little issues before they turn into large malfunctions. (And cause your unit to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate within your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can create higher energy needs—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps pinpoint little troubles before they turn into big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine components and complete a set of air conditioning performance tests. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify problems before they turn into big troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your unit is open to premature breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC tune-up should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent locations and pieces:
- Total equipment state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Now with Heartland Heating & Cooling
This week is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Heartland Heating & Cooling pros a ring at 515-344-3579 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your home, make sure to check our discount offers for savings on your upcoming service.